Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jelly Sandwich Day- Polish Days July



PURPLE STAR JELLY SANDWICH


Hello everybody!

(If the photos appear to be too far to the right, please use Google Chrome!)
Jelly Sandwich Day







Today is the first time I participate on Polish Day. I am very happy that I got this opportunity. Today we are all going to make a "Jelly Sandwich". I can't wait to take a look at how my fellow participants solved today's task. I will try to add links to their posts. Click here to read what Polly Polish writes about Polish Days and find out how you can join in. Here is my Jelly Sandwich:


Jelly Sandwich Day







A "Jelly Sandwich" is supposed to look like a jelly with glitter or flakies trapped inside. You just use a sheer nail polish, and put one or more layers of glitter/ flakies between layers of the sheer nail polish.



Jelly Sandwich Day







Here is what I used to make this mani:

OPI: Houston we have a Purple- a red sorbet/ jelly polish from the Texas Collection
H&M: Jo Is In The House- small sized holographic silver glitter polish
purple star glitter- loose glitter
Nabi Star Glitter- I only used the clear base, not the stars.
dotting tool- to pick up and place the stars
and top coat from Cult Nails: Wicked Fast speed dry top coat.


Those of you who have seen my last haul now know what I was preparing for...

Jelly Sandwich Day







Making this Jelly Sandwich was fun, but I must admit that it was more difficult than I had expected. I tried out different glitter on a nail wheel, and then some times on my nails, before I came up with something that I liked. And as you see below, I lost the glitter container on the table...

Jelly Sandwich Day





The photo above was taken after one coat of the OPI, and placing the glitter, before a thick coat of the base of the Nabi polish. (I also used a little of the Nabi base as glue for my stars.)

Jelly Sandwich Day






And here I had added two more coats of the OPI, but it is before clean up. Every single star is actually purple, but I think they reflect the light differently. And below, you can see the finished result again.

Jelly Sandwich Day







I hope you liked my version of a Jelly Sandwich. In a way it is a french too. Maybe I should have called it "Purple Star Jelly Sandwich French", but that is such a long name.

Jelly Sandwich Day











Remember to take a look at the other participant's Jelly Sandwiches too!


Here is the link to the Jelly Sandwich post made by Hannah from Polly Polish. (I don't know how to make a thumbnail of the link. Sorry.) Below you can see thumbnails of all the other participant's Jelly Sandwiches!

This post has been updated with more links. If the thumbnail doesn't take you to the correct post, choose "Home", and then select the correct post.




Lani



5 comments:

  1. Oh I love the little stars :D they are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stars as well but I don't think I'd have the patience to put them all on individually ;) Great sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!It didn't take much time to put them on. What took time was figuring out how I wanted it to look. Placing the stars was very easy: just put a little clear polish where you want to place one (or on the whole nail), dip the tip of the dotting tool in it, and use the dotting tool to pick up and place a star. I just wish the stars were smaller.

      Delete
  3. I love that you've switched up the glitters on each nail xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got help with how many stars I should use and where I should place them from my friend! Lol! He liked that you liked it.

      Delete