Tuesday, November 25, 2014

#31Nails2014 #10 Favorite Movie - stamping nail art


Hello everyone!



It was difficult to decide which movie I like best, and that's one of the reasons why I didn't complete the 31 Day challenge... So now I tried to narrow it down to the movies I've seen most times; The Wedding Date, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, the first Harry Potter movie, Avatar, the Back to the Future Trilogy I & II & III, but I couldn't pick only one of the Back to the Future movies... I chose "The Wedding Date" because it's a movie that makes me smile. I remember a day when I was very sad, and I sat down and watched it 3 times. It's very funny, romantic, a little sad sometimes, the actors are doing a fantastic job, and it has a happy ending. :-) If you see it, notice that Kat has the same mum that you might know as Charlie and Allan's mum in Two and a half men.

The movie is from 2005, but if you have access to VH1, you can watch it on TV December 5th and 6th.



I was going to show you a trailer, but I think it shows too much of what happens. So I'll just leave you with a list of the products I used:

Duri Rejuvacote (base coat)
Color Club: #997 Over the Moon - blue
LilypadLacquer: Purple People Eater - purple
Picture Polish: Bridget - red
Pretty Serious: 88MPH - aluminium
XL stamper
Konad: SN Black - stamping polish
MoYou London: Comics Collection - 05 (love couple)
MoYou London: Roxy Collection - 07 (man)
Bundle Monster: BM - 421 (film)
Seche Vite




I bought the Color Club polish on eBay. The other 3 were bought from Norway Nails.

I tried to do "Favorite Movie Nails", but it turned into "Favorite MovieS Nails" instead. As you see I used 88MPH on my pinkie, which is inspired by the car/ time machine in the Back to the Future trilogy, and I'm a big fan, so I had to include it. And I used Bridget on my ring finger, which was inspired by the Bridget Jones movies. The colors are also symbolic. The color blue is used a lot in the Wedding Date, but also in Avatar. And purple is maybe my favorite color, but...  ...I'm going to try to stop writing now....

Last year in the Norway Nails giveaway, I was also asked what my favourite movie is, and then I answered "Midnignt in Paris" which I love, and it's one of the best movies I've seen. But I've only seen it twice... and it would be difficult to try to paint the amazing poster...

Now I'm very curious. What's your favorite movie? And which movie is the best movie ever?

Lani

8 comments:

  1. Awww...this mani is so pretty. Love the colors used and designs especially the one on the ring finger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emmy! It turned out well, but I wish I was better at placing the images. If you like that image, you'll probably like the plate too. :-)

      Delete
  2. I have to admit, I didn't saw the movie, but I absolutely love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a very known or good movie, but it's a "feel good movie" that I've seen many times. It's perfect for sad days. Nice to hear that! Thank you! :-)

      Delete