Wednesday, October 23, 2013

a-england: Tristam


Hello everyone!



Tristam is from a-england's The Mythicals Collection. And as you can see if you click on the link, a-england is three free & cruelty free. :-) The creator's name is Adina Bodana. And if you have the time, I recommend to read Adinas story; her interesting life as designer in different countries. First, I thought the polish was inspired by her cat Tristam, but it seems like the polish was born before the cat in 2011... (And a different polish was inspired by the cat's golden eyes.) Then I found this story about a courteous knight called Tristam on her web site. I was wondering if the legend about "Tristam and Iseult" was the same legend that "Tristan und Isolde" was based upon, the 5 hour tragic opera I watched years ago, (and according to Wikipedia it is). I didn't understand much, even though I had read the story first, but what I learned from it, is that you should tell the one you love that you love him/ her before he/ she dies... I'll never forget how she sings it to him, and he sings back. Let's all think about Tristam the cute cat instead. You can see him together with Adina in this interview. If you ask me, this cat is truly beautiful, and I would love to see a nail foil inspired by the pattern of his fur.



Tristam was one of the polishes that I won in my Mystery Grab Bag in Norway Nails' 1000 Facebook Likes Giveaway  this summer! :-) This was one of the polishes that I wanted to try immediately, but I haven't had the chance to write the blog post until now.



This is a scattered holographic blue nail polish, so don't expect linear holographic rainbows. It's not a glitter either, although it kind of looks like glitter in the sun. So it doesn't need any special way of removing. The first layer was very easy to apply, but I messed a little with the second coat, but it kind of self levelled, and I just needed to do a little clean- up, before it looked perfect. The photos are taken outside, and it looks like all the pictures except for the last one are taken before i applied Seche Vite top coat. Seche Vite was also one of the polishes I won. :-)


With top coat:


Thank you Wenche for picking this wonderful nail polish for me! :-)

I know that Wenche sells a-england on Norway Nails, and ship to European countries. a-england ships to the UK, but she has a very informative list of where to buy a-england products, that can be shipped to your part of the world.

Lani

5 comments:

  1. This is my very favourite among all of Adina's gems. It's a real stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all! Your comments means a lot to me! Yes, I feel very very lucky. Wenche chose some really high quality and special polishes for my Mystery Grab Bag. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this color!! it looks great on your Nails!

    ReplyDelete