Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools


Hello everyone!




The keyword for the Sat- ART- Day Club on Saturday was: DOTTING TOOLS. This is what I came up with. First I'll tell you what I did and show more photos, and further down I'll include a photo and a list of the polishes used, and thumbnails with links to the other dotticures.

Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools


What I did:
I started with pink, mint, peach, purple and blue cream skittles. Then I used the dotting tool and made darker dots and flakie dots on the sides of one finger, and then dotted three dots of the flakie in the middle of the next finger, and so on... So I used 3 polishes from each color family: one pastel cream, one a little darker, and one flakie.

Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools


Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools

Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools

Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools

Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools

Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools



What I used:
I used my biggest dotting tool, a little palette, base- and top coat, and all these nail polishes:

Click to enlarge


From pinkie/ left to thumb/ right (pastel- darker- flakie):

Pink:
Gosh: #598 Bubble Gum
Pieces: Lilac Rose (and in the latest post)
Deborah Lippmann: Sweet Dreams (also used here and in the latest post)

Mint/ green:
mi- ny: Klimt
H&M: Gentle Sky
Nfu- Oh 56 (also used in the Concrete and Nail Polish contest and for layering experiments)

Peach:
Pieces: Peach (This polish needs many coats, but the other Pieces creams have normal opacity)
Pieces: Fresh Pink
Nfu- Oh: #49

Purple:
Gosh: #002 Misty Mauve
Gosh: #571 Wild Lilac
Nfu- Oh: 51 (also used herehere, here and in the Concrete and Nail Polish contest)

Blue:
Gosh: #001 Lavender Love
mi- ny: Blue Sky
Nfu- Oh: 52 (and in the Concrete and Nail Polish contest)

Sat- ART- Day Club: Dotting Tools


I know I'm posting late, but it took time to get well from the virus. As usual, you can click on the thumbnails below to take a closer look at the other participant's dotticures!

Lani

3 comments:

  1. This is cute and I like that you used some sparkly polishes for the dots!
    It's adding something special to your mani :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :-) I tried to use flakies, and this time I felt that it worked.

      Delete