Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Old bottles of polish: Clarins #201 Acajou Mahogany


Hello everyone!

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany


Today I want to show you one of my old nail polishes: Clarins #201 Acajou Mahogany. I hope it didn't stand on a shelf next to #230...



Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany



I don't know why I stopped using brown nail polish. For a while I only used this polish. I don't remember when I bought it, but I think it must have been around year 2000. And this is my second bottle! Lol! But I remember the day I bought the first one... (not the year...) ...because I was on vacation in Berlin, and was looking for a good foundation, and the kind lady working there (KaDeWe?) tried to find colors that suited me, and I got my makeup done for free. She taught me how to use the makeup, and gave me a drawing of what she had done. It was such a nice experience. She didn't have any customers, and seemed to have a lot of time. I bought everything she had used, except for the foundation and the mascara. It was the first time I had makeup that was chosen for me, and it took many years before I had to buy a new eyeshadow. I still have the makeup, if you are interested in seeing vintage makeup. And later that day I went to Hard Rock Cafe with my friends, and I had something Mexican for dinner.

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany


This polish had not been used the last years, so it had become a little thick. Next time I will add a little thinner. On these photos I'm wearing two coats. Some of the pictures are taken in daylight, and some inside in the light from a lamp. On the few that are taken in sunshine you can see the shimmer.

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany
Here are some pictures of the bottle, so that you can see everything that is written on it.

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany


Clarins was just taken off the cruelty- free list, but I haven't seen it on the list of companies that do test on animals yet. So I wanted to show it to you while I still feel that I can. It's sad that all the other old nail polishes I wanted to show you are on that list.

Clarins 201 Acajou Mahogany


What do you think of this color? Do you have this nail polish?

Lani

5 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love vintage polish! I only have one Clairins polish, 230 of course =) I have been wanting to get more though so this is definitely going on the wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I had 230 too! I'm very glad that someone is interested in the vintage part of my collection. This is my only Clarins. I hope you'll find it.

      Delete
  2. Cool! Looks like KIKO 373 might be a dupe for this one. I just picked it up on my trip to the UK.. Will have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't know that. Thanks for telling me. Yes it's not easy to tell before you try it on. I haven't seen KIKO 373 in person, but from the photos I just found, it looks like a brown with a little grey mixed in, while the Clarins is a brown with a little red mixed in. But I haven't seen them side by side.

      Delete