Thursday, July 12, 2012

Teal Magnetic: IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart


Hello everyone!


(If the photos appear to be too far to the right, please use Google Chrome!)
IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart








This is IsaDora  #856 Steel My Heart.



IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart








It is a dark teal and grey magnetic nail polish with a beautiful teal shimmer.

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart







It is one of the 5 magnetics that I bought last month. I must say that I like the names of the magnetics.

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart







I have already written about the IsaDora magnetics, their magnets, and how to use them in the post about #854 Opposites Attract (the green magnetic).

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart









But this time I got some bold spots when I used one coat (as was recommended). I don't think you can see it on the photo below, but it's there.


IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart







So this was my first try, without top coat.

IsaDora separate star magnet, IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart








Maybe I didn't use thick enough coats. But I took it off and tried "the two coat method" (that I used with the Deborah Lippmann set). And this time I was pleased with the result. And I applied my GOSH top coat.

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart









Here is what one coat of Steel My Heart looks like, without the magnetic effect (no top coat). I liked it like that too.

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart, one coat, before magnetic effect









For those of you who like variation, it's of course possible to just use one coat like this the first day, put on a second coat and use the magnet the next day, and add glitter or flakies the third, and mattify it the fourth day.

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart, star pattern magnet

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart, star pattern magnet











This is the magnet i used. And as you can see, it has a star pattern. On the nail it looked more like a mix of cross pattern and star pattern. And it didn't work as well on the right side of the nails. I wondered if it could be because of the security anti- theft thing that was still attached. So I tore it off just in case it would help. But it made no difference. But this kind of pattern is fine. Then it's not that eye- catching.

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart



IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart







Unfortunately it started chipping the second day, although I had tried to wrap the polish. I wore the green magnetic for days, but then I added several top coats. You might have seen it briefly in my last haul post.

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart








Here is a link to IsaDora, where you can read more about their magnetic nail polishes, or see the rest of their nail polish and cosmetics collection. You can also find IsaDora on facebook.

IsaDora #856 Steel My Heart








Lani