Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Old bottles of polish: Orlane 91



Hello everyone!

 
Orlane 91



Today I want to show you one of my old nail lacquers.



Orlane 91

Orlane 91 is a dark gold. But in low light it looks dark brown with gold shimmer. It never looks black. The formula is still perfect, and it is opaque in two coats.

The top of the Orlane 91 bottle





Orlane is on the Cruelty- free list. :-) What I also like is the bottle. Mine is made in France, as you can see on the label:

Orlane 91





There is no more information on the bottle. So I don't have a list of the ingredients. But being very old, I doubt that my bottle is 3-free. I have searched for information about this nail polish, and to my surprise Orlane 91 is still available online. I've found a few blog posts, but other than that, not much. But I have a lot of photos for you.


Orlane 91

Orlane 91




On the blog Pretty Random you can see Orlane 91, together with a red (27) and a green (90). To read the post click here.

Orlane 91

Orlane 91

Orlane 91



I don't have other nail lacquers in this color. I've tried a dark gold by Dior, but that one was not this dark, and didn't look good with my skin tone. Pretty Random also found a comparison- photo with Chanel Or de Russie. To see it click here. But as usual, I recommend to buy products that are not tested on animals. Also Orlane is not that expensive.

Orlane 91

Orlane 91

Orlane 91

Orlane 91




Here you see how much is shimmers.

Orlane 91




All photos above are with top coat. On the next two photos, you can see what this nail polish looks like without top coat.

Orlane 91

Orlane 91




And here is one more of the bottle.

Orlane 91





Now, I hope for good weather. All over the world. Are you going to watch Venus pass between earth and the sun? It's happening today or tomorrow (June 5-6 2012) depending on where you are. I hope you all have your glasses ready. If I can find an old bottle of polish, I should be able to find my old pair of "sun"- glasses too.


Lani