Sunday, June 3, 2012

Deborah Lippmann: Steal My Kisses- set. Part 2

Berry Metal (magnetic)



Hello everyone!

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal



This is part 2 about Deborah Lippmann's "Steal My Kisses"- set.

Deborah Lippmann: "Steal My Kisses"- set



In my last post I told about the set, how to use it, and showed "Love Is A Battlefield" (magenta). If you haven't seen part 1, click here. Now we will take a closer look at the other magnetic nail lacquer; "Berry Metal".



Deborah Lippmann: "Steal My Kisses"- set








Deborah Lippmann: "Steal My Kisses"- set


Berry Metal is described as "amethyst" on the box. And as I happen to have an amethyst rock, I wanted to compare the color. And I think the surface of amethyst looks very similar to the colors that emerge when I use the magnet. So here are some photos with the rock.


Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal


Here is one photo with flowers.

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal




Below there will be more photos of Berry Metal with and without the amethyst stone, and with flowers.

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

The next photo shows the red shimmer in the darker areas. (But you can also see it on other photos. Especially in the sun. This one is taken under a lamp.) I think the red shimmer looks like the red in "Love Is A Battlefield". I wonder if she chose the name Berry Metal, because of the beautiful color of the shimmer.

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal




I do not recommend holding rocks with freshly painted nails. Please ignore the marks left by the stone.

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal


I tried the "under water technique". I held my nails under water, and the camera over the water.

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal


But I only included the photo above. (Later I will try it on duochromes, as I have seen other bloggers do.)

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal




I thought I had taken enough photos of Berry Metal, but passed some flowers the next day, and was still wearing it, so here are some more photos with flowers.

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal





With the photo below, I want to show the unfinished manicure, so that you get a chance to see two fingers with one coat of Berry Metal, and two with the magnetic design, no top coat.

Deborah Lippmann: Berry Metal

I hope you liked my many photos of this set.

Deborah Lippmann: "Steal My Kisses"- set





I just found a video of how to make the wave design, on Deborah Lippmann's YouTube channel; Magnetic Wave Design How To with Deborah Lippmann.


Lani